Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If I change the hard drive disk on my PS3 will I lose Everything?

I have a 2 year old PS3, not slim, 80GB. I'm tired of deleting game saves so I can play a new game and still have enough memory to record a half hour TV show. So, if I change the hard drive disk will I lose all user accounts, all settings, all TV stations?If I change the hard drive disk on my PS3 will I lose Everything?I wouldn't be so sure about the 7200 rpms. People have had overheating problems because of it. However, I read recently that the HDD will only go as fast as the PS3 needs it to.If I change the hard drive disk on my PS3 will I lose Everything?I have done this to 2 PS3... Old 60 gig and 40 gig FAT PS3s...



What you need is a external harddrive... 120 gigs at least... I think you might have to format the harddrive too.



Back up the system... Go to Settings... System... Should be under there... It will take at least 20 minutes to back up the system to the external. Once done remove external...



Shut PS3 down... Remove and replace harddrive with 2.5%26quot; laptop harddrive of your choice (I prefer 7200 rpms to the old 5400s that sony used).



Once installed, power on ps3 and go through the function of having the ps3 format the new one, etc.



Create user account, attach external harddrive and go to Settings System Restore system Backup...



Can take up to 2 hours to complete...