Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do i change my J1 status when my company abruptlyy cancelled my visa?

I'm a J1 visa holder and my company all of a sudden cancelled my visa with no prior notice when i still have 8 months to finish my program. The problem i have now is that my wife is a legal alien resident. Also i had a two year home resident on my J1 visa before it was cancelled. So is there anyway way i could change status while in the US. I am afraid i might be living illegally. Anyone knows how i could change my status?How do i change my J1 status when my company abruptlyy cancelled my visa?you need to apply asap to change your status, they will give you a new number on the application and you go from there.

go here and apply.



www.us-immigration.com

uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

immigration.gov

How do i change my J1 status when my company abruptlyy cancelled my visa?you have a 30-day grace period if you are a J-1 holder