Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change my snap decision making?

I have noticed that when I make decisions that I make it on the first thing the comes to mind. Or what ever seems best by my mood. I need to change this characteristic, or whatever you call it, so that when I do make a decsion, its the right one. I often go back and change my answer.



Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.How do I change my snap decision making?Awareness is necessary before you can change your impulsive decision-making.



You must become aware that your are about to make a decision, rather than just reacting without thinking. Practice being aware of what your are thinking and feeling. Become both the Doer and the Observer. Right now you are just the Doer. So learn to observe your own thoughts and feelings.



When you observe that your are about to make an impulsive decision, slow down or stop, and consider the pros and cons. Be aware when you are about to decide something purely on your emotions--and engage your brain in order to use good judgment.



If you are still unsure, say %26quot;Let me get back to you on that,%26quot; or %26quot;I need to check my schedule first.%26quot; These statements allow you to buy some time and give your decision some thought.How do I change my snap decision making?Decide what you should know before making a decision. Print it on a business size card and carry it in your wallet

and tell everyone you will get back to them with your decision and wait as long as you need to. Just tell them you need to think about it.