Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I change the gearing on a BMX bike after I change the sprocket?

I have many questions. I want to change my sprocket from whatever it is to a 28t sprocket. I need to know about how to change the gearing so it is normal and not too low. Also, I'm guessing that I have 14mm dropouts so do I need to change the hub? Also, does it make a difference whether I use a cassette or freecoaster hub? Thanks a lot if you answer!How do I change the gearing on a BMX bike after I change the sprocket?go to danscomp.com and look in there faq/tech section to answer all of your questions. there is also a gear ratio chart to help you find the best ratio for your needs. GOOD LUCK!How do I change the gearing on a BMX bike after I change the sprocket?A larger sprocket lowers the gearing a smaller one raises it,on engine driven bikes there is a formulae for working out the terminal speed up the straights,as for the bells and whistles,your only consideration in competition ,is reliability,ease of operation,expense and what suits you and your style of riding,you can only experiment to find your niche.How do I change the gearing on a BMX bike after I change the sprocket?i bike personally and i have a flybikes bmx bike that i built myself. i have a 25t sprocket with a 9t driver on the back. the 14mm dropouts if the size of the rear end of the frame where the actual wheel will fit in so as long as your axle is 14mm you are fine to ride. but you need a certain gearing for bmx bikes because if its off you will need to pedal a lot more to go as fast as you would if your gearing was correct. im 16 and bike everyday of my life. i ride park and dirt so if you want the correct ratio between sprocket and driver you need a 10t driver for your 28t sprocket. heres the list:



22-8

23-8

25-9

28-10

30-11

33-12

36-13

39-14

41-15

44-16

  • irish boy name
  • ittwit
  •